By Olivia Robinson
Starting Thursday, you can cast your vote in this year’s municipal election.
The special advance voting period runs from Oct. 4 to Oct. 7 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Residents in any ward across the city can vote at any of the following six locations:
- Ben Franklin Place, 101 Centrepointe Dr.
- City Hall, 110 Laurier Ave. W.
- François Dupuis Recreation Centre, 2263 Portobello Blvd.
- Greenboro Community Centre, 363 Lorry Greenberg Dr.
- Minto Recreation Complex – Barrhaven, 3500 Cambrian Rd.
- Richcraft Recreation Complex – Kanata, 4101 Innovation Dr.
Check out the map below to find the special voting location closest to you:
According to the city’s open data portal, more than 7,600 people voted during the special advance voting period during the 2014 municipal election.
Electors can also vote in their ward on advance voting day, Oct. 12, as well as on election day, Oct. 22, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the designated voting location in their Voter Notification letter. Those who did not receive a Voter Notification letter can fill out an online form and bring it with them to their voting location. The form is also available to fill out in-person.
Electors can search their designated voting place by using the “Where Do I Vote?” search tool, or by calling the election office at 613-580-2660.
The City of Ottawa is reminding voters to bring acceptable identification listing their name and eligible address when they head to the polls.