By Dana Hatherly
Ottawa voters cast 56,866 ballots at early polls in the lead up to the official 2018 municipal voting day, according to Elections Ottawa.
It’s a new record for the city, based on a Capital Current analysis of Elections Ottawa’s voting data.
As a result about nine per cent of total potential voters have turned out in the week before the final ballot.
By the numbers
- 2018 Ottawa voter turnout in early polls
- 15,703 ballots cast at special advance polls held over four days
- 41,163 ballots cast at advance polls held Oct. 12
- 56,866 total ballots cast in advance of 2018 official voting day
- 2014 Ottawa voter turnout in early polls
- 7,633 ballots cast at special advance polls held over three days
- 40,052 ballots cast at advance polls held over two days
- 47,685 total ballots cast in advance of 2014 official voting day
Eligible electors can still vote on Monday.